Common Causes of Tension:
Drug / Alcohol excess
Violence from either partner is never excusable
Two ingredients for success:
1. Caring & responsibility
2. Can’t expect your partner to make all the changes
· Outside the bed is as important as inside!
· Apologise & forgive
· Share interests & goals. Do not become too dependent on each other. Listen to each other. Develop mutual friends, interests & hobbies. Tell your partner “I love you” regularly at the right moments.
· Engage in some high energy activities such as massaging and dancing.
· Talk kindly about your spouse to others – do not put him / her down. Don’t compete with each other.
· Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
· Qualities good & bad of your parents
· Qualities of each other
· Examples of behaviour that each would like the other to change. List things each would like the other to do for you.
Attempt these exercises once a week.