We provide a diverse range of minor surgical procedures which include :
- Wedge resection of toe-nails
- Joint injections eg tennis / golfers elbow , knee and shoulder arthritis / inflammation
- Abscess drainage
- Stitching and removal of stitches
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Insertion and removal of the Mirena long acting Contraceptive device
- Insertion and removal of Implanon long acting contractive implant
- Wound Care and Dressings
- Cryotherapy to Skin Tags , warts , verruca,sun damage skin lesions
Cryotherapy is a specialised way to remove certain lesions. It usually requires more than one visit . Liquid Nitrogen is sprayed onto the lesion from a special flask for a number of seconds.
It may result temporarily in pain , blistering and local irritation but is generallly a non-scarring and simple way to remove suitable lesions.
Most Minor Surgical procedures are covered by / reimbursable from all Major Medical Insurers .
The service is free to Medical Card Patients.
In general an appointment is first required with a Doctor to plan your Minor Surgical procedure however stitching etc for acute trauma is also available.